Consumption & Treatment Services (CTS)
Looking for a safe space to use? Afraid to use alone? Need new supplies?
Come to the CTS in downtown Kitchener. Hours of operation are 9 am to 9 pm, 7 days a week
The Consumption and Treatment Services (CTS) site is located at 150 Duke Street West in Kitchener. The site is open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. seven days a week, including holidays.
The site is operated by Sanguen Health Centre in partnership with Region of Waterloo Public Health and Emergency Services.
What is available at the CTS?
Services that are available include:
- Supervised consumption (You will not be able to smoke your drugs but you can inject, snort, or swallow them)
- A supportive and calm environment
- A judgment-free space with supportive staff, including a registered nurse, a social service worker and a peer worker
- If you start to overdose, staff can give you oxygen, you may not need naloxone
- Supports and referrals
- Safer substance use education
- Harm reduction supplies, sharps containers, returns accepted
- You can pick up a naloxone kit
- Wound care
Why do we have a CTS in our community?
- CTS saves lives by reducing the number of fatal and non-fatal drug overdoses
- Reduces the spread of infectious diseases like HIV and Hepatitis C
- Connects people with community supports
- Creates a safer community by reducing drug use in public spaces and providing options for proper needle disposal
Consumption and Treatment Services – A Harm Reduction Program (pdf link)
Looking for more information about Consumption and Treatment Services?
Phone: 519-575-4400 Ext 5613 or TTY: 519-575-4608
Phone (CTS): 519-514-1467